Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2021 Oishei Fellowship for Leaders of Color!
With continued focus on safety, health, and wellbeing as the most important considerations during this time, Rockwood Leadership Institute has adapted the curriculum to a VIRTUAL format for 2021. Please keep the following in mind as you consider submitting your application:
- Ability to commit every day, October 25-29, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm EST, to learning and leadership work. There will be a 90-minute lunch break each day with several smaller breaks throughout the day.
- Ability to create a restful space, if you choose to attend from home. The Oishei Foundation is also making it possible for Fellows to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Buffalo (Sunday through Friday – Lodging by the Foundation) in order to participate fully in this work, without interruption. A daily meal stipend, as well as coverage for parking fees, will be provided. A childcare stipend will be provided for those with childcare needs.
- Access to stable internet connection, desktop computer (preferred) or tablet or mobile device, microphone and headset, and web camera.
- Ability to participate in live facilitation as well as small group discussions with your facilitators and individual work on your own, such as journaling and reading. Rockwood Leadership Institute offers live captioning.
- Commitment of those in your household to supporting your “retreat” mindset during the week.
Please complete the following form. We invite and encourage you to be thoughtful, thorough, and candid in your responses.
If you need to stop and resume at a later time, there is a checkbox (above) that enables you to save your progress. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). You will need to provide your email address and password each time you save your application. An email with a link to resume your application will be sent to the email you provide.
Once you complete the form, click "Next" to review your application. Afterwards, click "Confirm" to send us your application. You will receive an update on the status of your application in 10-12 business days.