About the Program
We know that in times of devastation, crisis, and massive change that the heaviest burden is placed on BIPOC, Women and Gender Expansive, LGBTQ+, and Immigrant movement leaders to pull us through. These are leaders whose communities – and whose self – may be the most adversely impacted.
In partnership with Rockwood Leadership Institute, the Nonprofit Finance Fund, and the Kairos Fellowship, Open Society Foundation (OSF) is launching their first fellowship designed to address burnout, trauma, and a need for healing support in movement and organization leaders in the OSF grantee community.
Rockwood will curate two cohorts of OSF grantee and community leaders (staff and executives) for its Art of Navigating Change leadership development training centering the theme of resilience, with the aim to give participants the tools to shift from reactivity to a state of resourcefulness in moments of stress and crisis.
At Rockwood, we respect that social change leaders have ambitious visions and heavy workloads, and we have designed our Art of Navigating Change with this in mind. Based on our many years of experience, we have learned that Rockwood Fellows have the most valuable experience when they can make the personal and time commitment from the start. For the Fellowship, these commitments include:
- Full attendance to ONE 2-day, virtual retreat and its respective virtual community calls
- Cohort 1 Virtual Retreat: July 27-28, 2021
- Cohort 1 Community Calls:
- August 12, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Thur)
- September 9, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Thur)
- September 30, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Thur)
- October 21, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Thur)
- Cohort 2 Virtual Retreat: August 3-4, 2021
- Cohort 2 Community Calls:
- August 18, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Wed)
- September 1, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Wed)
- September 22, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Wed)
- October 6, 2021 at 10-11 a.m. PST/1-2 p.m. EST (Wed)
- 3-5 hours per session of pre-work
Please note, this training will be held virtually via Zoom. Though virtual, we recognize there may still be barriers to participation for our applicants. We will do our best to alleviate barriers to participation. Please let us know what additional support we can offer you as soon as possible. Indication of a need for assistance will not disqualify any applicant.